Monday, January 4, 2010

Bennett & Mylie Christmas Shoot

So this is why I do this whole photography thing, really. So I can have great pics of my kids, right? Then I am reminded why I don't try to take (formal) pictures of them. They are nuts and so crazy. I think they knocked my backdrop down about 15 times (no exaggeration) and then would laugh like crazy. I would try to scold them, but I secretly was fighting back the laughter as well (as was Russ, my "assistant", that the kids of course don't take seriously either). Plus since I am so professional and take these pictures in front of the light from my sliding door, this time of year I have about 12 inches of good light. I don't think I really got one "great" picture of them together...but that is just how it always goes. I have sworn off doing a Bennett & Mylie shoot for a "really" long time. I think next time (if there is one) I will just have to do them individually. So here are a bunch, outtakes and all! I knew that I would want pictures of them in their Sunday Christmas clothes, and I knew I wouldn't have time on Sunday morning before church, so I took these in a "controlled" environment on the Saturday before "Christmas Sunday." So glad I did!


I got this little dress from GAP almost back in the summer, all the while knowing it would be the perfect little Christmas dress for my little Mylie. I couldn't have been happier with how she looked in it. So glad I did the pics before Sunday, because she slobbered M&Ms all over it on Sunday when she was crying at church because Mom was up leading the choir!



Love the lashes! I am so lucky.








This almost sums up the gist of most of the photos I didn't post. She is a big goof!


Do you just love this face?





He is so handsome, I can't stand it.





He comes up with most of his own poses, like this one above. I know, exactly what you want to put on your wall, right?





I know I posted this one before, but it is my VERY favorite of Bennett, I think ever.


On to the chaos of trying to get the two of them together. Not working.


Monkey see, monkey do, I guess. Neither of them would stop doing this when I was trying to take their individuals.


OK, so lots of people say Mylie looks so much like me. I don't always see it, but for some reason in this picture, I thought she looked a lot like pictures of me when I was little. Probably because her face looks more chubby in this picture :) The picture of me on the right was one of the few I had access to. (Left over from pictures scanned for my wedding video almost 8 1/2 years ago!)


Yes, Bennett still thinks he is Michael Buble. Another pose I could not get him to stop doing until I just took a few. I couldn't figure out what in the world he was doing, until Russell clued me in. "He's Michael Buble, honey." Oh yeah, of course. Why couldn't I see that?

See the likeness? Not lovin the facial hair, though, Michael.



Another try, but still not quite getting it.







Here we go, good enough!







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Adorable! Adorable! I want to eat them both up but I know that worries Bennett a little. Love you guys tons!! Grandma Harkness

Denise said...

Emily I just wanted to say that I am glad that you put up their goofy pictures. They sure put a smile on my face and made me laugh. It felt good to laugh. Goofy or not they sure are cute pictures especially when you know their personalities. Mylie did a good job of getting me to laugh the other day too when she was singing all of her songs on the phone to me and last night to. What a joy the little Mylie Amber is. Love Mom

Heather K said...

I love them! They're naturals in front of the camera!

Melissa said...

Your kids are adorable! I love the goofy ones too.